Looking forward to it. The speculating has been fun the last few days. I think a few things are bound to happen.
-Maggie’s father will be a key player in the cult.
-There will be 5 major players in this cult, as shown in the video, as outlined by the beer can people, the doll scenes created by the daughter etc. The reverend has died, some say he was probably the Yellow King - but who would have ordered his death once he lost the incriminating video? And is the King one of the 5, or the guy who commands 5 others?
-Lawnmower man probably isn’t the guy in charge, but certainly part of it, as it seems like he rounded up and recruited many of the missing girls.
-Marty’s daughter Audrey will be a major story. She will either be found as the next victim, or they will solve the crime and rescue her. Everything she has done since a child indicates she has first hand exposure to this cult.
I think Marty is just now figuring it all out, and not truly involved. I think if Rust experiences something awful, he kills himself in some way as he is a miserable person who spoke about killing himself in the past.
It’s still unclear whether or not Maggie knows what’s happening. My gut says she does, or at least she knows her Dad was up to no good and has been trying to protect him along the way.
Should be a good finale! I wish it was 2 hours long though.
OK, I still like what I have convinced myself of in my previous True Detective theory post, but I am doubting it somewhat. Of course I am.
I think its clear either Marty or his ex-wife are involved in this circle. The daughters have clearly witnessed bad things. I am convincing myself more and more that his ex-wife might be the one with ties to this, perhaps she has a Tuttle bloodline/connections somewhere in the past. I can’t figure out of Marty knows too and has tried to help cover it up, or if he really has no clue.
-In re-watching the 1st episode, she is very aggressive in trying to get to know who Rust is. She seems annoyed with Marty that he hasn’t been asking more questions about his past. She seems nervous of having him working with Marty on this.
I am so excited for the final episode of HBO`s True Detective, but at the same, so disappointed that this will be the final hour of the show. Hard to imagine them wrapping up the series in one final hour at this point. I have loved the dialogue and mood and mystery of the series. What will finally happen? I know there are plenty of e-Detective`s out there offering their thoughts. I have tried to avoid any rumours or articles about the show, other than simple episode recaps. I don`t want to read something that may ruin it for me.
The show could end fairly straightforward: They have shown us the Yellow King supposedly, and Rust and Marty appear to have found someone who can point them in the right direction. The final episode could simply follow that path and we will see them finally catch up to the Yellow King. Or not. Either way, the storyline we are being fed could continue down the expected path of the two detectives solving the crime.
I, like many, have gone through a few scenarios in my head as to who is behind all this over the last 7 episodes. I am sure there are very detailed websites out there outlining their case for what they feel will happen. So here is my “2nd Scenario” synopsis.
I just got COD Ghosts at Christmas and have been playing it for the past week or so. Is this as bad as I think it is?
It feels like a Ghost Recon game with how it moves. I mostly play online, and for campers, this game is the answer to all their prayers! Those glowing orange sites showing people through walls? Countless corners and offices to hide in and wait? Quick scoping by rushing snipers is STILL possible?
And that sound! You can hear someone running through the office building across the street! I don’t even have a headset on, and I can hear a guy running through another level of a building I am in quite clearly. Helps explain why 9/10 times I am killed, its some guy waiting for me to run through a door or changing his direction to pop up from behind me. The amount of times I am shot from behind is infuriating.
There are some things I like, namely the modern feel and graphics, but online play seems ridiculous in this. Pretty disappointed in what is my first next generation game. Everything looks nice, but the changes have created many rounds never reaching the 75 kills and countless deaths by way of a camper sitting in a corner with a thermal somewhere.
I wish BF4 wasn’t so buggy with crashes, because I was looking forward to that but bailed on it when I heard of all the issues. Call of Duty Ghosts (multiplayer) is anything but an enjoyable experience at this point. I know I will get better, I know better weapons open up and all, but the style of game play on most maps (as opposed to just a few maps in previous editions) really benefit those who just hunker down in one spot. I hope it wins me over soon!
Ok, I have now had time to give this album a bunch of listens, and here is my bare bones, uneducated music review of each track - according to me.
1. Reflektor - Overall a pretty cool song. A bit weird, and I’m bored of it now, but a song I enjoyed for a while. Album version way too long, its not fun enough to go 7+ minutes.
2. We Exist - Great song. My favorite, and maybe one of my all time favorites by this band. Love the groove, the lyrics, and the song flow. Goosebump-y.
3. Flashbulb Eyes - Meh. Mostly just noise and boring lyrics. I skip it.
4. Here Comes the Night Time - I skip it. A cheery song, but I don’t care for Arcade Fire’s attempt at thick Caribbean style music. I like the fast parts, the finish etc. But overall it’s not the style I want from them.
5. Normal Person - I really don’t like the first minute or two. Just silly build up and lyrics. I do like the song from about the midpoint on towards the end - it gets better and more musically intense.
6. You Already Know - Not bad, I like the fast pace of the song, its peppy and not too long.
7. Joan of Arc - I like it. Good pace, and the flow of the song changes pace. Unique sound overall, which I like.
8. Here Comes the Night Time II - Just repeat noise and filler music basically.
9. Awful Sound - This really grew on me. I find myself humming it throughout the day. Look forward to hearing it when it comes on.
10. It’s Never Over - I like this one too. Cool sounding song, different style, pace changes. A fun listen.
11. Porno - Meh. Not for me. I see lots of people like it but it’s just blah noise to me. Skip.
12. Afterlife - This went from a “Yeah its not bad” to a song I really enjoy. It’s funny what a video can do for/against a song, but the creative Greta Gerwig video to start the youtube music awards sold me on how much great energy the song has. I can see it being a really bouncy concert song.
13. Supersymmetry - A boring song to me. Sure, it’s a “nice”, pleasant song, but its a skipper to me. Nothing really happening to keep me interested.
So that’s that. I don’t think the album is a perfect, magical journey that does no wrong like some critics say - but it certainly is far from deserving of the scathing reviews some other critics are putting out there. Overall nearly every song is well done for what they are, and there is something for everyone’s musical taste. It certainly gives our ears something meaty to chew on, and offers people a fresh sound to lose themselves in for a while.
Although more of a huge fan of the first 5 albums in particular, these guys are my favorite all time band. I like what I have heard on the new album though.
Pearl Jam Week: Pearl Jam performs their song “Sirens” on Late Night.
Can’t wait to have Pearl Jam back tonight.
Arcade Fire is streaming their new album over youtube, to the backdrop of an old 60`s movie. No doubt the album is original and creative, and will likely win record of the year awards based on most critics reviews of it, but I think I will be skipping a bunch of tracks when I get this. I`m more of a rock music guy than a electronic/reggae sound. That said, there are some tunes that I really like and as with a lot of Arcade Fire`s music, some songs take some time to grow on me and then I love them. I do love the groove of “We Exist” so far.
I`m certainly looking forward to giving the album a few good listens before really deciding on what`s good and not so good. Either way, I love that they experimented with some new sound and it is refreshing to hear new music.
LOVE this tune. I think I will have to look into this album.